WE ARE HIRING WORLD-CLASS HEALTH COACHES
What do we do?
Blue Mesa Health is seeking Health Coaches to join us on our mission of delivering world-class digital health solutions that empower individuals to live chronic disease-free.
Our flagship product Transform is delivered via a combination of software and connected hardware and facilitated by professional health coaches. We provide behavioral change coaching that effectively reduces participants’ chances of developing a chronic disease.
Who are you?
- You are passionate about preventive health. You desire to make a positive impact on the world. You feel energized when you help others modify lifestyle behaviors, prevent disease, promote health, and create long-term behavior change.
- You are ready to join a funded, early-stage startup and work with people who are building amazing health technology and sharing it with the world. You are excited to work with a great team of health science, design, business and engineering professionals who challenge and inspire you every day to make great decisions and build high-quality, scalable, well-designed software.
- You are excited to be part of a fast-moving, intellectually curious, growing digital health venture.
What will you do?
- Deliver an evidence-based digital diabetes prevention program to individuals and groups.
- Support and complement the Transform Online curriculum in effective, meaningful, and compelling ways.
- Encourage group participation and interaction on the social forum with the use of open-ended questions.
- Facilitate participants’ commitment to program components and knowledge retention.
- Create a friendly and motivating environment.
- Interact with participants to establish individual dietary plans and safe exercise routines within the framework of the Diabetes Prevention Program.
- Encourage adoption of habits that support a healthier lifestyle.
- Foster relationships with and between participants.
- Make learning a shared objective for the group.
- Prepare before each check-in with participants (i.e., reviewing participants’ food tracking, physical activity, lesson completion, quiz answers, homework responses, goals, weight loss progress, and send reminders).
- Record and monitor data for each participant (lesson completion, body weight, total weekly minutes of physical activity, etc.).
- Tailor interventions for participants based on individual needs and goals.
- Recognize and act accordingly when you need to customize your coaching style, especially in cases where participants are showing a drop in engagement.
- Follow up promptly to participants’ individual and group questions.
- Be accessible throughout the week to answer questions and provide guidance.
- Support and encourage goal-setting on a weekly basis.
- Be on time for each check-in.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing privacy and data security.
What kinds of skills do you have?
- You have been trained to deliver diabetes prevention curriculum content, and possess the skills, knowledge, and qualities listed below. Health Coaches may have credentials (e.g., RD, RN, MPW, MSW), but credentials are not required.
- You can deliver the program in a way that increases the capacity of participants to initiate and sustain positive health behavior changes. This ability includes understanding and being sensitive to varying cultural and socioeconomic circumstances.
- You can facilitate social media groups to optimize social interaction, shared learning, and group cohesion in a digital space.
- You can understand and oversee the participant safety-related issues with respect to program delivery.
- Ability to empower behavior change efforts in others without prescribing personal actions or solutions, so that participants increase their self-confidence and capacity to make and sustain positive lifestyle changes.
- Ability to communicate empathy for participants, who will likely experience difficulty and frustration at times when trying to adopt and sustain healthy lifestyle behavior changes and who may be unlike the Health Coach in terms of weight status and level of commitment to living a healthy lifestyle.
- Ability to build strong relationships with individuals and build community within a group.
- Knowledge of basic health, nutrition, and fitness principles.
- Knowledge of the principles of behavior change, including motivational interviewing techniques.
- Commitment to Blue Mesa Health’s mission.
- Flexibility to work with diverse populations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and familiarity with basic data collection.
What kind of personality do you have?
- You are empathetic, supportive, and a natural relationship builder.
- You are energetic and enthusiastic.
- You have a natural ability to motivate groups and individuals.
- You want to work with a company whose mission is to help people get healthier and live free of chronic disease.
Summary: You provide support and guidance to participants in Transform and implement the standard curriculum designed for the Transform lifestyle program.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume, 2-3 professional recommendations, and whatever combination of LinkedIn, personal portfolio, cover letter and/or any other formats you think will best demonstrate your abilities as a world-class Health Coach to:
Misa Nuccio, MPH
Subject: Health Coach applicant
After receiving your application, the hiring manager will contact you directly if your qualifications, skills and background indicate you could make a great Blue Mesa health coach.